Wednesday, October 15, 2008

God works in mysterious ways :)


Yesterday, something terrible and funny happened! What could be terrible AND funny? Well, I had no idea what led to that happening, seriously...

So what happened? Well, yesterday, around 4:45pm, I was doing my big business in the toilet, and after completing the deal, I was getting ready to leave. So I picked up my car keys, which I normally remove from my pants, in case it drops into the toilet bowl. And guess what? It just kinda slipped out of my hands, and before I know it, it went happily down the toilet pipe together with the flushed manure! I didn't even have time to react! I just stood there, stoned, looking at my keys waving goodbye to me... :'(

Then panic struck! How am I going to get home? What about my appointment with the plumber at 6pm and Pastor Sally at 8pm? How am I going to get into my house, since my house keys are in my car?

So I prayed super earnestly, hoping that God will miraculously lift up the car keys from the pile of feces right at the bottom of my office building. I was seriously expecting my car keys do a levitation, slowly rising, just like the Star Trek movies... "Beam me up, Scotty"... Hahahaha....!

After 10 minutes, nothing happened... so I manually tried to retrieve the car keys. What do I mean by manually? Well, with my hands, of course... but alas! I couldn't reach it. I thought maybe it could still be stuck at the edge, before going all the way down, but nope, it was gone.

I then frantically went to my car, hoping to break into it and retrieve my house keys, and then hitch a ride back with a colleague or Luke.

THEN... wisdom struck me. How could I forget? My cousin from Kuching just moved into my house a few days ago! Talk about PERFECT timing huh? I mean, she is working just around the corner from my office, she drives, she has a set of my house keys, and the best thing was, she just finished work, so... PROBLEM SOLVED! Just like that. I have a spare set of car keys at home, so thanks to Luke, since he works at the building opposite mine, he dropped me off at work this morning.

Isn't it funny, that when we go through problems, we always tried to use so many different ways to solve 'em, our own ways most of the time, when all is needed is for us to just relax, and God will provide the solution. A much better solution, that is... Hahahaha...

Thank You Lord!

4 Comments:

Blogger chemist said...

John:

Ugh .. what a messy problem. But you found the perfect solution!!

By the way, thanks for digging up the information on Stonehenge at UTPB!

Traveling Chemist

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Traveling Chemist,

Hahaha... yeah, it was a bad mess.

You're welcome for the info research. I was pretty intrigued by the number of Stonehenge replicas in the States! And before reading your post, I still thought that there were only 1 Stonehenge in the world :)

Friday, October 17, 2008 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

God does indeed work in mysterious ways! When something looks helpless, as your being locked out of your car, there is always a good outcome! It may not appear to be that way at first glance, but it does usually work out for the best!

Glad it all worked out for the good for you!

Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Donna,

Yes, I absolutely agree with you.

I'm praying that God will help you with your van! Go, go, go... vrrrmmmppphhh!

John

Monday, October 20, 2008 2:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home